Tuesday, September 16, 2008

College Quest: Screwed.

Seeing as I plan to make photography my life, next year I will be attending an art school in order to major in it. My top schools include the following:

The Art Institute of Boston
Parsons the New School for Design
School of Visual Arts, New York
Rhode Island School of Design

It's nearing the end of September, and my portfolio is virtually nothing.
In addition to throwing together a kickass portfolio, I need to get the SATs down, all the written applications and the application fees and essays, and attend a few more open houses. I'm basically screwed. And it doesn't help that my guidance councilor refuses to meet with me when I request an appointment, and that my parents don't understand the urgency of the situation, seeing as they never had a kid attend college before. Plus they are always preoccupied with the new house.

I feel utterly helpless and alone on this journey to accomplish my dream. :(
Advice?

No comments: