Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DIY UPDATE

So remember about 100 years ago when I decided to make that headband from Urban Outfitters? I finished it about 3 days later, and just never took any pictures or anything. So here are some now.



Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. As well as the poor quality of my appearance. I haven't had any reason to leave the house the past week due to that wonderful ice storm that hit New England, so I've just been kind of hanging out lately.

So anyways- that was the the pheasant feather version of the headband. I wore it to school a couple times and got several different reactions. Some loved it, some called me a bird (so clever, I know.) Some were impressed that I made it, some said that they were reminded of Kenley. (Third runner up on the last season of project runway.)


She was always wearing some sort of feathery thing on her head. Unfortunately she wasn't wearing feathers in this photo I found, but hey.

So I started a new one headband just a few days ago with guinea feathers. I finished the headpiece but I have yet to glue it on to the headband.




So once I get around to finding some hot glue, it'll be done. Then I was thinking of venturing away from feathers and trying to make something new. We'll see how things go!

Hope you're having a great day! ;]


4 comments:

Daphné said...

I love it! I am so into headbands at the moment, probably because of Blair from Gossip Girl!

Lacy said...

i love that headband!! it is so stylish! I did like a whole post dedicated to headbands because they are so functional yet fashionable lol :)

Kocourova Violet said...

Perfect! I really love it!!

Kocourova Violet said...

Hey you inspired me, so I tried do it too. But its worst:D maybe next time it will be better :D

http://poomeranc.sweb.cz/IMG_0665.jpg